Acobot increases your sales by identifying abandoned shopping carts and automatically recovering them. It recovers more abandoned carts than other apps, leveraging its productive lead generation, well-designed email sequence, and tactical special offers.
77% of Carts Are Abandoned
You've spent a lot of money to drive traffic to your website. You've worked hard to optimize conversions. Many visitors shop around your store and add a few products to their shopping carts. Unfortunately, about 3 out of every 4 carts are abandoned. That means you don’t get as many orders as you expected.
If you have a cart abandonment problem, you are not alone. Many online stores struggle with this. According to RetailDive
, the average cart abandonment rate is 77.24% in 2019. This means more than 3 of 4 carts are abandoned, resulting in huge losses for merchants. In addition, the cart abandonment rate for mobile phone is 85.65%, compared to 73.07% for desktop.
Cart Recovery is Productive
Compared to other email marketing methods like newsletter, cart recovery emails constantly perform better for average open rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate. According to MooSend
- 45% of cart abandonment recovery emails are opened on average.
- The average click-through rate is 21%.
- 10.7% of receipts completed their purchased!
A conversion rate of 10.7% is impressing as on average, the only conversion rate for e-commerce websites is often between 1% and 2%.
But Only 7% of Stores Recover Carts
The idea of cart recovery is simple – when a shopper leaves your store and abandons his cart, we remind him, typically using email, and persuade him to come back. Because email marketing is cheap, it is cost effective, even if only a small percentage of shoppers eventually complete checkout.
Cart recovery has huge potential. So much so, even Shopify includes a cart recovery function. However, our research in May 2020 indicates that only 7% of Shopify stores send cart recovery emails.
Our research also reveals that many merchants give up on cart recovery because it requires a great deal of time and effort to set up but produces minimal results.
Most cart recovery apps focus on creating beautiful email templates and building advanced workflow. Some also provide A/B testing capability to optimize emails and timing. However, most of these tools do not deliver results. The reason is, they’re focused on the wrong thing. The key to the success of cart recovery is lead generation rather than email sequence.
If shoppers remain anonymous during their sessions, their carts are not recoverable. You have no way to contact them after they leave your website. All cart recovery features, from email templates to A/B tests, become utterly useless.
It’s no surprise that many merchants find themselves disappointed with their cart recovery efforts. The small number of recovered carts they garner are not worth the money they invested.
Cart Recovery That Works
Acobot provides a fully automated and highly productive solution to cart abandonment recovery.
First, it intentionally converts anonymous visitors into tracked and reachable shoppers. It does this using a highly effective set of lead generation features, including:
- Capturing more sales leads by helping visitors shop with a human touch.
- Boosting visitor to lead conversion rate using special offers.
- Encouraging returning visitors to log in with personalization and loyalty rewards.
This is an all-win solution. Authenticated shoppers appreciate the personalized shopping experience. When they abandon their carts, Acobot is able to identify them, send them recovery emails and deliver more sales to you.
Acobot cart recovery is fully automated. That means you do not need to work with email templates or workflows. Furthermore, it constantly performs A/B tests to optimize the email subject lines, calls to action, and timing. Ultimately, this means that it leads to more sales.
Bonus Tips on Cart Recovery
If you choose to use an app other than Acobot for cart recovery, the following strategies may help you improve the performance of your recovery emails.
- Short and unique subject lines. Most people decide to open an email (or not) solely based on the subject line. A short, eye catching subject line is critical. To maximize effectiveness, limit your subject line to 6 words.
- Relevant content. If your content is relevant, your conversion rate will be high. Some apps provide segmentation features so you can improve relevancy. A better approach is to create fully personalized emails based on shopping history.
- Offering help. Sometimes shoppers abandon their carts because they have questions about your products or return policy. Sometimes, they just encounter difficulty with your website. For such situations, your email inquiry would immediately save these orders.
- Strong calls to action. Successful cart recovery emails always end in calls to action that motivate recipients to complete checkouts.
- Timing is everything. Typically, you’ll want to follow up with non-purchasing web visitors within one day. However, if your product is complex, like a mobile phone, you can take a bit more time to follow up.
- Mobile compatible. Mobile clients accounted for 41.9% of email opens during Q1 2019, according to Litmus. The number might vary for your business, but you must keep mobile users in mind when you design and write recovery emails.
- Send a series. While a single cart recovery email can boost your conversions, sending 1 or 2 follow-up emails can get the most out of your cart recovery campaigns. Finally, be sure to stop emailing when the recipient has completed the order.
About 75% of shopping carts are abandoned. Cart recovery has the potential to significantly improve bottom lines, but only 7% of e-commerce businesses have cart recovery enabled for their websites. The key to cart recovery is lead generation. Acobot outperforms other apps in cart recovery with its productive lead generation, simplicity and optimization.